Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wherever Nina Lies by Lynn Weingarten

For three nights after Nina vanished, I didn't sleep. I just lay in my bed, my head inches from the open window, the thick, humid late June air blowing against my skin like hot breath.

Waiting.

Nina was beautiful, wild & adored by her younger sister, Ellie. But, one day, Nina disappeared. 2 years later, everyone has given up hope that Nina will return, but Ellie knows her sister is out there. If only Ellie had a clue where to look. Then she gets one, in the form of a mysterious drawing. Determined to find Nina, Ellie takes off on a crazy, sexy, cross-country road trip with the only person who believes she's got a chance - her hot, adventurous new crush. Along the way, Ellie finds a few things she wasn't planning on. Like love. Lies. And the most shocking thing of all: the truth. 

My Review-

This book was sort of dissapointing in the beginning, when nothing happens, but as you read more, the better the book gets!Wherever Nina Lies was a great novel full of unexpected secrets, lies, and not to mention, beautiful drawings by Nina Wrigley.


I liked Ellie. She was a very interesting character. Ellie loved Nina so much, and I am glad that she never gave up looking for her, even if her best friend insisted on it. Also, she was clever towards the end, just like Nina. Nina was a very likable character. Even though she is only really talked about in the book, she has done a lot of interesting things. Sean, Ellie's crush is funny and sweet. I liked him, he wasn't horrible, but sometimes he acted a little bit weird....


I liked the way this book was always giving you clues, making it suspenseful and fun to guess some of the things going on. Mysteries always do that, but this one took it to a whole new level for me. Some of my predictions were right, others wrong, but hey, it doesn't really matter does it?


There was nothing annoying in this book, although the ending could be obvious to some people. 


In all, Wherever Nina Lies was an amazing book that you should add to your TBR pile ASAP! Whether you like mysteries or not, you will go head over heels for Wherever Nina Lies by Lynn Weingarten!


Overall Opinion-This was a great book I enjoyed to read. Its part mystery, and part romance, which I absolutely loved and couldn't stop reading and wanting more! Add Wherever Nina Lies to your TBR pile now!!!!


Cover- I really like the cover of this book. It is very fitting and I adore the way the letters look. I also cannot resist the background, which is made to look like a map. I love it!


Grade-A+

No comments:

Post a Comment