Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Dork Diaries by Rachel Renee Russell


Description from publisher- Dork Diaries follows eighth grader Nikki Maxwell, who chronicles through text and sketches her move to a snooty new school; her epic battle with her mom for an iPhone; her enthusiasm for drawing & art; and a love/hate facination with the new school's queen bee, a girl named Mackenzie who becomes Nikki's rival in a school-wide art competition.

Review-
I thought that The Dork Diaries was a very funny and great book. There were a lot of funny everyday situations that I enjoyed reading about.

Nikki Maxwell is the main character. She's funny and sees school for how it is:popular people, normal people, dorks. Nikki is also a very fun person. She can be dorky at times, hense the title, but that's just the way she is.

I have yet to read the sequel, but I definitely will. I love books that are people's diaries. It tends to take me two days to finish them! Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Dork Diaries, and Dear Dumb Diary. I think this is Rachel Russell's first book and I had high hopes for it. Luckily, my predictions were right, it was a great book!Though there was one thing that was somewhat annoying:
How Nikki says something but goes, " But I said it in my head, so nobody heard me."
She said that after a lot of things so it got kind of annoying.

All in all, The Dork Diaries was a funny and dorky book. The characters are well-developed, and you'll love Nikki's pictures and her descriptions of people. Looking for a good read? Then pick up The Dork Diaries today!

Grade-A-

No comments:

Post a Comment