Friday, June 4, 2010

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

Description-In Mary's world, there are simple truths. Now she must choose between her village and her future, between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded by so much death? 

My Review- This book was very interesting and fun to read. Although some parts were very confusing, I liked it.
 Mary is a likable character. She can be selfish, but she usually isn't. She went through a lot of things in this book and I thought that some of the other characters should have given her a break! Cass is Mary's best friend. She was nice, but she was always thinking inside of the box(or village), she did not care about another world outside of the unconsecrated. Jed, Mary's brother is okay, I personally didn't agree with some of his decisions, but whatever. Travis and Harry both love Marry. Personally, I liked Travis better, but you never know....

        The main plot was that Mary knew there was a world outside of the village, and its how she finds clues to that other world. There were many other tiny problems developing throughout the book. That made it confusing in my opinion.

     All in all,  this book is worth your time. Its only flaw is that some parts were unclear, whether Mary was dreaming it or not. Also, certain action-filled parts were hard to follow. If I were you I would still read it. It was amazing!

Overall- Great book!Loved it!Mainly, one flaw.

Cover-I love all three covers to this book!
Grade-B+

No comments:

Post a Comment