Sunday, April 25, 2010

Gone by Micheal Grant


Description from the Publisher's Website-

In the blink of an eye.

Everyone disappears.

Gone.

Everyone except for the young. Teens. Middle schoolers. Toddlers. But not a single adult. No teachers, no cops, no doctors, no parents. Gone, too, are the phones, internet, and television. There is no way to get help.

Hunger threatens. Bullies rule. A sinister creature lurks. Animals are mutating. And the teens themselves are changing, developing new talents—unimaginable, dangerous, deadly powers—that grow stronger by the day.

It's a terrifying new world. Sides are being chosen and war is imminent.

The first in a breathtaking saga about teens battling each other and their darkest selves, gone is a page-turning thriller that will make you look at the world in a whole new way.

My Review-

The second I opened this book I could not stop reading it. It was so amazing that it only took me two weeks to read it! I recently bought the second book in the series called hunger. You should definitely read Gone though, it is an amazing book that I hope you will enjoy.


Sam Temple is the intelligent and resourceful main character in this book. He saves a little girl from a fire and everyone wants him to lead them until the adults are back. I liked Sam because he was a very modest character. He does all of these amazing things and acts like they were nothing. A character I did not like to much was Drake Merwin. Him and Caine are trying to take over Perdido Beach(the setting) so they can be in charge of everyone in it. He was very evil(Drake). He has no care for anyone but himself and all he does is hurt people.Personally, I didn't like him or Caine.


I thought Gone was a very well-written, suspenseful book. There weren't spelling errors that I usually find in books. Also, every time I put it down I had to make time to read it again. Micheal Grant did a truly amazing job on this book.


All in all, this was a great book!I recommend it to everyone who enjoys thrill, action, and suspense!If you have nothing to read I suggest picking up this book and starting it asap. I cannot wait to read Hunger!!!!!

Grade-A+

No comments:

Post a Comment